Sunday, July 20, 2008

Floaters in the eye

A little bit before my chronic migraine started in December '07, I started seeing these "floaters" in my eyes. I've had the kind previously in my life where I see something in my visual field and it is a little distracting. It looks like there is dirt or dust in my eye. These days, the amount "visual disturbance" has increased significantly and I think they are more than just floaters.

If I had to describe what I see when I look out into the world, I would say that I definitely have floaters, but I also have what I think is an ocular migraine which complicates that ability to determine what the problem is. I see lights, spots, lines, chasers and have vision loss that comes and goes throughout the day. When I get auras and then migraine pain on to of the ocular symptoms and the floaters - I get motion sick just keeping my eyes open.

There is quite a bit of info out there on the web about floaters and a lot of people that are really impacted by them, but my doctors don't have any helpful information for me. I keep bringing it up (to my detriment - I know) with my primary care doctor because I think it is important. When I have bouts of bad ocular migraines, the pressure in my eyes is so painful. That can't be good for my eyeballs and I worry about the impacts I will have down the road.

I started seeing an optometrist a few months ago and he took some initial readings and measure my visual field, eye pressure, etc. He confirmed I had some vision loss, but couldn't attribute anything to migraines at this time. I will go back in a few more months to measure these things again to determine if there is any additional changes/loss.

I know I am not the only one out there with these problems - here are some links to other sites that talk about the difference of and the links between migraines and visual symptoms:

http://www.mdsupport.org/library/floaters.html
http://my.clevelandclinic.org/disorders/migraine_headache/hic_the_magical_mystery_of_migraines.aspx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have the same issue. In that I have prolonged auras, intense vitual snow and more. But also the constant floaters and sometimes even a muddy look. I went to the eye doc, just to make sure it was not a side effect causing actual impairment. Vision wise I have a mild astygmatism, not even enough for glasses, but due to the severe photosensativity he said my eyes are quite fatigued from the effort to focus, so I will be getting specs (and sun specs). But he had no concern over the persistent floaters, and so, like so much other visual fireworks I try to ignore them. What I know is that while all the pretty sparkles are neurlogical, the floaters are physical, a reflection of crud moving on the lense of the eyeball or some such thing. I always had attributed it to fatigue really. Probally a good thing I don't go by the motto 'seeing is believing'.

eye floaters treatment said...

Eye floaters also known as vitreous floaters which fill up the back 3/4ths of a person’s eye and hence one can observe small shadows on the retina. To individuals eye floaters appear alike tiny flecks, cobweb or cloud-like formation. There are two ways for removal of eye floaters known as vitrectomy and
laser Treatment. Laser treatment is more accurate than vitrectomy.

SUSSAN MORRIS said...

It’s obvious some patients with HIV are being enslaved to the antiviral and other supplementary Orthodox medicine just to help suppress the virus and not cure it permanently. I have been with the virus for years until I was introduced by a  friend who also narrated her story online on how she was cured of Genital Herpes after using Dr James Herbal Mix Medicine.  I was cured of HIV/AIDS after the usage of strong herbal mix medicine Dr, James prepared for me. All thanks to  Dr James, for healing me. I've seen the great importance of natural herbs and roots and the wonderful work they have done in people's lives. I wonder why people still spend their money on surgery, injections and drugs each time they are sick. Natural herbs can cure all kinds of illness including ALZHEIMER'S DISEASES, Lyme disease, Bipolar, Rosacea,Psoriasis/ Shingles, Lupus, Parkinson's disease, Schizophrenia, Cancer’s, Bladder Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Breast Cancer, Kidney Cancer, Leukemia, Lung Cancer, Skin Cancer, Uterine Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Fibromyalgia, syndrome Fibrodysplasia, Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease, Diabetes, Celiac disease, Antipathy, Ataxia, Arthritis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, Adrenocortical carcinoma. Asthma, Allergic diseases. Hiv_ Aids, Herpes, Inflammatory bowel disease, COPD, Diabetes. herpes, Cancer, Vaginal burning, diabetics, asthma, EBV, HIV, hepatitis, Enlargement, etc. I've seen it with my own eyes. I was Cured of HIV and my aunt and her husband were cured of Cancer by  the same Dr James who uses natural herbs and roots extracts to cure different kinds of illness. Even Dr James proved to the whole world countless times that natural herbs can cure all kinds of diseases, and he cured countless people using natural herbs. I know it is hard to believe but am a living testimony. He prepared the herbal mix medicine and sent it to me through SPEED POST COURIER  SERVICES and I took it as he instructed. MORNING AND EVENING FOR 15DAYS, 7days later after the usage of his herbal mix medicine, I went to the hospital to do a checkup, the results came out, and I was NEGATIVE. There is no harm in trying herbs, it will  cure you of any diseases you are suffering from, so why don't you give herbs a try and see its effectiveness. Dr James herbal mix medicine it's easy to drink with no side   Contact Dr James on his Email .... greatcureman@gmail.com....INFO@drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com .AND GET RID OF YOUR DISEASES.

Headache / Migraine News From Medical News Today